It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. And by “here” I mean connecting with you through this blog, sharing a part of my soul or a spark of inspiration that comes to me.
You see, over the past month I have …
- Been healing from a break-up.
- Unpacking the contents of my house that I had to unexpectedly move out of.
- Re-homed my 2 kitties, 2 times.
- Had my MailChimp account compromised and hacked (not to worry – no emails or personal data is at risk).
- Decided to make things like FUN and COMMUNITY more of a priority than dating or making sure I “get all the jobs” and further my career.
And through all of this, one thing stands out. It is this:
I no longer want to hide parts of myself that I at one point in my life felt embarrassed about.
This does not mean I need to disclose every single detail of my personal life.
This DOES mean:
- I’m no longer apologizing for the human being that I am becoming.
- I am celebrating my body, mind, heart, and spirit – and everything I have been through thus far in this life.
- I’m sharing more authentically and honestly. (So, like, if someone asks how I’m doing and I’m having a shitty day, I’ll tell them I’m feeling kinda low.)
How about you? Do you hide parts of yourself?
Often we do this because we are afraid we will not be accepted or loved. We are afraid people will turn our backs on us if they know that one thing we value so deeply but don’t share with anyone.
I learned several years ago that people WILL leave us sometimes. I lost a few of my oldest friends from growing up when I was about 27 because I began to honor my values and I began to create boundaries. It was a hard pill to swallow and in hindsight I learned that those weren’t my people because they didn’t celebrate all parts of me. And that’s perfectly ok!
This is not to demonize anyone. This is to let you know that A) it is normal for humans to hide parts of ourselves (especially in a culture that does not condone all body shapes, colors, sizes, etc.) and that B) it is normal for us to lose friends/partners when we do reveal all parts of ourselves.
But guess what?
When we stop hiding, and we begin celebrating all parts of ourselves, we begin to gravitate toward and attract the people who will really lift us up and celebrate WITH US.
Doesn’t that sound way more enjoyable than pretending you are someone you’re not?
It certainly does to me. And it certainly feels a whole lot better and comes with a heck of a lot of freedom!
Today I invite you to explore: allow one part of yourself you’ve been hiding to peak its head out from the shadows – send that part of yourself extra love today. Love in the form of gentle self-talk, a bath, an extra show on Netflix, a nutritious meal, time with a friend who accepts all parts of you…
And just see what happens.
With so much love.
PS. Stay tuned as I’ve got an exciting announcement coming this week about TWO NEW PROGRAMS I am opening up. You can sign up to get my emails here >>> http://eepurl.com/czLI35
PPS. Need some guidance today? Reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .