I find that the older I get and the more I accept my body, like myself, and build a loving relationship with myself the list of things I give zero (or nearly zero) fucks about grows.
To name a few:
- Shaving my legs consistently / having leg stubble.
- Being tan. Because for a short while I used to really really want to have tan glowing skin. But I just don’t, and I never will, except for sometimes in the summer when the light hits just so after several days outside. But naturally I am rather pale with lots of freckles and moles.
- Wrinkles. Someone once said wrinkles were a sign of a joy-filled life. Or something like that. And I concur.
- Cellulite on my thighs. Cellulite on my tummy. Cellulite ANYWHERE.
- And for that matter: trying to hide my cellulite. I’m done!
- Brushing my hair / washing my hair more than 1-2 times per week.
- When my weight fluctuates. Sometimes you’re up, sometimes you’re down!
It’s not that I don’t make myself presentable or put on makeup or blowdrying my hair (ok maybe 5 times per year) but it’s that I’ve learned to finally let myself off the hook for these things. I’ve stopped stressing about them.
Because, there are far more important things and beings and places and experiences that are so much more deserving of my energy and attention.
In case you needed it, I am inviting you to let yourself off the hook for something today. Go a little easier on yourself.
Oh and email me … ANYTIME.
Sending My Love,
PS. I am offering my Body Image Master Training at a special rate of $525 (originally $700) with code DITCHTHEDIET. What better way to spring clean than getting out some of the mind clutter?
To register: CLICK HERE