What makes for a successful fundraiser? My original goal was to raise my first $1,000 and I had my sights set on that. However, I quickly realized on Friday that there is something else that makes for a successful fundraiser. I know this is going to sound majorly cheesy but … it’s good people. I found myself surrounded by incredible people on Friday night who made the trek to Williamsburg (or down the street for the local folks) on a cold February night to support me. I’m sure the talented DJs, free PBR, and incredible raffle prizes were also a major draw – ahem, you can’t say no to a signed copy of “Sexy Librarian”!
I have to give some major thank you’s to…
- Passenger Bar for letting me host the event there
- DJ AnjO – or Angelica Olstad, creator of PopUp Yoga NYC
- DJ Pumpkin Patch – or Michael Saltsman
- PBR for their generous donation for our open bar
- My friends who were so kind to donate items and services for the raffle
- Sarah Coulam and Suzanne Canon of CTF’s NF Endurance team, without whom I would not be doing an Ironman nor would I have sold as many raffle tickets
Thank you everyone! I have said this before but … So. Much. Gratitude.