I made these for Tuesday night’s Pop Up Yoga NYC ‘s yoga and nutrition fundraiser to go with the chia theme and they were a hit! I love all things pumpkin and these were especially tasty – great texture, not too sweet, and packed with protein and fiber in every bite. Personally, I “tested” 4 as a snack and then had leftovers for breakfast (slathered in butter) the following morning. That’s right. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Chia Mini Muffins
- 4 tbsp Chia Seeds (I think I added even more- you can play around with it- I was very generous with my chia)
- 1 Cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup White Flour
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt (I did not use)
- 16 oz can pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2-1 cup coconut milk (either Silk or SoDelicious brand- play around with portions but I probably ended up needing about 1 cup to balance the coconut flour)
- 1/4 cup Agave (or even less!)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
Mix together all of the dry ingredients.
Mix together all of the wet ingredients.
Fold Wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Pour into greased muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.